I met Anna Gil at her studio in NOLA while driving cross country. Her work has been featured worldwide and heavily incorporates text from the Hebrew Bible, Jewish mysticism, nd Shabbat. I was very intrigued by her work as I’m also fascinated with the history of the Jewish people and their relationship with Ha-Shem. We exchanged cards, and I assumed that would be the end of it.
However, a few days ago I emailed a copy of my new CD to her and it turns out she’s been listening to my music and the painting that is pictured above was actually painted to my song “Yetzer Hara”!
It’s been such a huge affirmation to have another artist utilize my work for creative purposes.
Check her out at Annagil.com. You’ll be glad you did.
- 2 weeks ago, at 3am the day I was to leave from NY to LA, I completed a CD that I’ve been trying to finish for about 1.5 years.
- I am in a constant state of flux between project based existence and a more “Zen” wash your dishes state of being. The completion of the CD pleased my project based self and consequently resulted in the first guilt free day off in about a year.
- I recently drove across country with a very dear friend of mine. It was soul nourishing.
- I run 5k 2-3 times a week.
- Southern California weather is fantastic…but I still love seasons too much to want that all the time.
- Hiking 6 mi down-6mi up at the Grand Canyon is the most difficult physical act I’ve ever done.
- I consumed nothing unpleasant in New Orleans.
- I have swam in the Shenandoah in West Virginia till it becomes the Potomac in Maryland, been caught in rapids, and had to run 3 miles back to town on the highway barefoot.
- In a few days I will have the newest GSRV album “Transcendence. Problematic.” in my hands and will begin to share it with others and hopefully do some soul nourishing with it.
- Life doesn’t always suck.