A few days ago I sent the final mixes of my new CD, “Transcendence. Problematic.” to Dave Locke at JP Masters for mastering. In addition to the impending CD release party I’m also planning on filming at least 2 music videos within the next 2 months to promote the new CD.
For those of you that are curious as to what I’ve been up to over the last month concerning the new CD, I figured I’d list a few recent adventures of GSRV Music.
1) Living Room Concert Series
I played a show in one of my fan’s living room every week of February…and it was awesome! It was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with my listeners and talk about the music (or other subjects that popped into our heads). Check out some of the highlights below (featuring a guest performance by the very talented Deanna Frederick):
2) Recorded a Song for the Academy Awards
I went to school in NYC for acting…so the Oscars were kind of like the Super Bowl for acting students. But this year rather than watch the Oscars…I decided to write and record a song in their honor:
3) Played the Goodbye Blue Monday With a Bunch of Friends
It’s always fun to play a gig with as many friends as possible. So at the very beginning of the month I played a show in Brooklyn with Schucks Road, Michelle Ferriera, and Around August. It was a great time and I got to play with my brother David who is releasing some great music of his own recently:
So What’s Next?
I’m glad you asked!
I should be sending the new CD out for production by next week and then I’ll start planning a CD release party.
Keep your eyes open and your ears clean for updates on “Transcendence. Problematic.” so you can get your hands on some of the hottest new music out by GSRV Music!
In the meantime, if you haven’t heard the single from the album check out the music video below…and if you dig it, share it on FB, twitter, wordpress…and whatever else you use to tell your friends about stuff.
Finished recording my new CD “Transcendence. Problematic.”…almost.
A few tweaks here and there and I’ll be sending out my new CD “Transcendence. Problematic.” to get mixed, mastered, packaged, and produced for your listening enjoyment!
Check out the Music Video for the New Single right here:
Ran a successful Kickstarter Campaign to raise money for New Music.
Due to your support and T.L.C
Tender Love and Cash
our Kickstarter to raise money for post-production on the new CD was a success! I can’t thank everyone enough for supporting some new music and I can’t wait to share it with everyone.
Began blogging “Confessionals”
In order to explore my own vulnerability as an artist and to explore the theme of Problematic Transcendence, I’ve been releasing “Confessionals” (a kind of Rorschach test of sorts) to give insight into myself and the new CD.
Check out the last confessional here.
Shared my experience of Creative Blue Balls with the world.
This one you’ll just have to check out for yourself – Click Here
Performed at the Goodbye Blue Monday with Schucks Road, Michelle Ferriera, and Around August
For those of you who were unable to attend here are some highlights:
P.s. Happy February!
For those new to the game, check out the first confessional post here
- I eat pork and lobster
- I thank G-d every day for indoor plumbing
- I used to take Imodium before every live performance. I don’t do that anymore.
- After a steady diet of alt/rock, Barry Manilow, Miley Cyrus, and Kesha become “Alternative”
- It took me 18 years and 3 romantic relationships before I felt I understood the word “love” enough to tell my friends of 18 years that I loved them.
- I don’t remember growing up with any aspiring electricians or plumbers…considering I thoroughly enjoy electricity and indoor plumbing I find this to be disappointing and an oversight of North American education
- The day after power was restored to my house following a hurrican induced power outage I sat on the floor, in the dark, in my room…for 20 min. That is all.
- I consume at least one 7oz bag of spinach per week
- I slept on the floor of my closet for 4 years. I believe adding space to my room was the rationale.
- I would have no personal reservations in standing naked in front of millions of people…but I would probably question the moral implications of such an act.
P.S. Don’t miss GSRV Music this Thursday!
Just as a reminder, I’ll be performing alongside Schucks Road, Michelle Ferriera, and Around August this Thursday, Jan 31st at the Goodbye Blue Monday in Brooklyn, NYC at 8pm