For those that weren’t able to join us on Sunday for GSRV’s Train Ride 2 Transcendence here are some visuals of the event! We’ll be posting video next week so keep your eyes peeled (what a gruesome phrase)
We’ll also be planning events like this throughout next year so keep checking in to see what we’re up to!
Follow us at #trainride2transcend
So on Sunday Nov 17th I’m playing a filmed studio session at Blue Light Digital Sound and I would REALLY love for you to be a part of the recording/performing process that night.
We need 25 people for an optimum night and with each ticket purchase you get a free DVD & CD of the night’s show!
So please consider coming out to support hand crafted music, without an audience I’m just a dude with a guitar…or something
Buy tickets at
So here is my version of “Heart of the Country” by Schucks Road (video courtesy of Pedro Sousa):
I met Anna Gil at her studio in NOLA while driving cross country. Her work has been featured worldwide and heavily incorporates text from the Hebrew Bible, Jewish mysticism, nd Shabbat. I was very intrigued by her work as I’m also fascinated with the history of the Jewish people and their relationship with Ha-Shem. We exchanged cards, and I assumed that would be the end of it.
However, a few days ago I emailed a copy of my new CD to her and it turns out she’s been listening to my music and the painting that is pictured above was actually painted to my song “Yetzer Hara”!
It’s been such a huge affirmation to have another artist utilize my work for creative purposes.
Check her out at Annagil.com. You’ll be glad you did.
I recently released my latest CD called “Transcendence. Problematic.”
Click the Image Below to Download the new CD for Free!
The title come from our culture’s obsession with self-help (i.e. politics, religion, tribes) as an escape which polarizes us from the world, rather than acts of compassion, connection, and justice which engage the world. and hopefully some of that comes through in the music.
But mostly it’s just me having fun musically. Sounds like edgy folk…Urban Folk if you will (if you won’t I don’t mind). Ben Folds meets Beck meets Jack White meets Prince.
Anyway if you like it feel free to give a shout out either here or on Facebook, Instagram, etc… I’ll be hosting a CD release celebration in the city very soon featuring multi-media artists creating different works based on the concept of the CD.
Listen, Buy, Share…Please.
Instagram of me holding a copy of my new CD “Transcendence Problematic”. Details about CD release coming soon!
- I recently became part of the instagram universe. Forgive me…
- I find thinking of the world in terms of nouns and passive verbs to be problematic. I could go into why but I’d rather have a conversation with you* about it.
- Last year I recorded a post-punk album in a day based on Zeppelin III, classic comicbooks, and avante garde performance art with C.W. Cobalt and Bread Morton. It’s called The Forbidden Mansion of Doctor Salamander and is now available for live streaming here! It may not be your cup of tea. But that’s ok…that just means we didn’t make it for you.
- I enjoy kale enough to make a whole confession about it. I ate some 1.5 hours ago.
- Sometimes I feel like it would make sense to consensually have as many offspring as I can through as many different women as possible. Intellectually I know this to be unwise, irresponsible, and potentially deadly. But still.
- I think earrings make women exponentially more attractive. This may hold true for men as well.
- I’m working towards doing a split by December 31st 2013. Just because.
- I played fiddle for American-Folk duo Schucks Road’s EP release at the Bitter End on Wed. Check out their EP called “One If By Land” (feat. me on fiddle) on iTunes.
- Upon hearing that I was promoted to Asst. Manager at the restaurant I work at, my father responded “My condolences…” My father gets me.
- I’m in reality and redundantly very thankful to have a job at all…But Still.
*”you” is anyone who is reading this