For those that weren’t able to join us on Sunday for GSRV’s Train Ride 2 Transcendence here are some visuals of the event! We’ll be posting video next week so keep your eyes peeled (what a gruesome phrase)
We’ll also be planning events like this throughout next year so keep checking in to see what we’re up to!
Follow us at #trainride2transcend
So on Sunday Nov 17th I’m playing a filmed studio session at Blue Light Digital Sound and I would REALLY love for you to be a part of the recording/performing process that night.
We need 25 people for an optimum night and with each ticket purchase you get a free DVD & CD of the night’s show!
So please consider coming out to support hand crafted music, without an audience I’m just a dude with a guitar…or something
Buy tickets at
Instagram of me holding a copy of my new CD “Transcendence Problematic”. Details about CD release coming soon!
- I recently became part of the instagram universe. Forgive me…
- I find thinking of the world in terms of nouns and passive verbs to be problematic. I could go into why but I’d rather have a conversation with you* about it.
- Last year I recorded a post-punk album in a day based on Zeppelin III, classic comicbooks, and avante garde performance art with C.W. Cobalt and Bread Morton. It’s called The Forbidden Mansion of Doctor Salamander and is now available for live streaming here! It may not be your cup of tea. But that’s ok…that just means we didn’t make it for you.
- I enjoy kale enough to make a whole confession about it. I ate some 1.5 hours ago.
- Sometimes I feel like it would make sense to consensually have as many offspring as I can through as many different women as possible. Intellectually I know this to be unwise, irresponsible, and potentially deadly. But still.
- I think earrings make women exponentially more attractive. This may hold true for men as well.
- I’m working towards doing a split by December 31st 2013. Just because.
- I played fiddle for American-Folk duo Schucks Road’s EP release at the Bitter End on Wed. Check out their EP called “One If By Land” (feat. me on fiddle) on iTunes.
- Upon hearing that I was promoted to Asst. Manager at the restaurant I work at, my father responded “My condolences…” My father gets me.
- I’m in reality and redundantly very thankful to have a job at all…But Still.
*”you” is anyone who is reading this
Brooklyn Artistry’s Site: http://www.brooklynartistry.com
A few days ago I sent the final mixes of my new CD, “Transcendence. Problematic.” to Dave Locke at JP Masters for mastering. In addition to the impending CD release party I’m also planning on filming at least 2 music videos within the next 2 months to promote the new CD.
For those of you that are curious as to what I’ve been up to over the last month concerning the new CD, I figured I’d list a few recent adventures of GSRV Music.
1) Living Room Concert Series
I played a show in one of my fan’s living room every week of February…and it was awesome! It was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with my listeners and talk about the music (or other subjects that popped into our heads). Check out some of the highlights below (featuring a guest performance by the very talented Deanna Frederick):
2) Recorded a Song for the Academy Awards
I went to school in NYC for acting…so the Oscars were kind of like the Super Bowl for acting students. But this year rather than watch the Oscars…I decided to write and record a song in their honor:
3) Played the Goodbye Blue Monday With a Bunch of Friends
It’s always fun to play a gig with as many friends as possible. So at the very beginning of the month I played a show in Brooklyn with Schucks Road, Michelle Ferriera, and Around August. It was a great time and I got to play with my brother David who is releasing some great music of his own recently:
So What’s Next?
I’m glad you asked!
I should be sending the new CD out for production by next week and then I’ll start planning a CD release party.
Keep your eyes open and your ears clean for updates on “Transcendence. Problematic.” so you can get your hands on some of the hottest new music out by GSRV Music!
In the meantime, if you haven’t heard the single from the album check out the music video below…and if you dig it, share it on FB, twitter, wordpress…and whatever else you use to tell your friends about stuff.
Highlights from the last GSRV Music Living Room Concert Series…enjoy (or don’t…I’m not telling you what to do).