For those that weren’t able to join us on Sunday for GSRV’s Train Ride 2 Transcendence here are some visuals of the event! We’ll be posting video next week so keep your eyes peeled (what a gruesome phrase)
We’ll also be planning events like this throughout next year so keep checking in to see what we’re up to!
Follow us at #trainride2transcend
- Right now I’m planning a large scale event to promote my new CD and I’m terrified that it will be a failure. Unfortunately I think that means I’m doing something right.
- I feel that to call myself a virgin would be offensive to people who haven’t had any sexual contact…but to say that I’ve had sex would be patently untrue.
- Having said that I suspect this blog would gain much more traffic if it was called “…And I’m Still a Virgin”
- After washing my hands in the lavatory I often lift my shirt to examine my physique. Vanity? Self-consciousness? Both.
- My work (artistic, professional, academic, or otherwise) seems to me to contain the undercurrent of my subconscious crying out “There are people suffering at this moment all over the world!” Whether this is depressing is completely besides the point.
- I don’t believe the above confession is to my credit.
- It’s taken me a full year to be able to say that I’m good at my job. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not.
- I suspect the neurotic quality of these particular confessions is partially due to a macchiato I consumed today.
- I almost used “are” in the above confession before changing it to “is”.
- In spite of all the fears and neurosis of life…Autumn is absolutely beautiful this year.
So on Sunday Nov 17th I’m playing a filmed studio session at Blue Light Digital Sound and I would REALLY love for you to be a part of the recording/performing process that night.
We need 25 people for an optimum night and with each ticket purchase you get a free DVD & CD of the night’s show!
So please consider coming out to support hand crafted music, without an audience I’m just a dude with a guitar…or something
Buy tickets at
So here is my version of “Heart of the Country” by Schucks Road (video courtesy of Pedro Sousa):
1. I feel exponentially better when I wake up before 9am.
2. There are conditions to the statement above.
3.Cold showers almost always induce arousal rather than lull my libido.
4. I miss certain people every week.
5. There are days when I fantasize of hopping a train, plane, or nearest mule…and finding somewhere remote to live for a few months.
6. There are times when taking calligraphy seems like a good idea.
7. These times are not often.
8. Whenever I’m not working there is an underlying fear that this free time will be found out and forcibly taken from me.
9. Last week I took my first real Sabbath in months and it was glorious.
10. It was also difficult.
I met Anna Gil at her studio in NOLA while driving cross country. Her work has been featured worldwide and heavily incorporates text from the Hebrew Bible, Jewish mysticism, nd Shabbat. I was very intrigued by her work as I’m also fascinated with the history of the Jewish people and their relationship with Ha-Shem. We exchanged cards, and I assumed that would be the end of it.
However, a few days ago I emailed a copy of my new CD to her and it turns out she’s been listening to my music and the painting that is pictured above was actually painted to my song “Yetzer Hara”!
It’s been such a huge affirmation to have another artist utilize my work for creative purposes.
Check her out at Annagil.com. You’ll be glad you did.