Confessional #20: Life Doesn’t Always Suck
- 2 weeks ago, at 3am the day I was to leave from NY to LA, I completed a CD that I’ve been trying to finish for about 1.5 years.
- I am in a constant state of flux between project based existence and a more “Zen” wash your dishes state of being. The completion of the CD pleased my project based self and consequently resulted in the first guilt free day off in about a year.
- I recently drove across country with a very dear friend of mine. It was soul nourishing.
- I run 5k 2-3 times a week.
- Southern California weather is fantastic…but I still love seasons too much to want that all the time.
- Hiking 6 mi down-6mi up at the Grand Canyon is the most difficult physical act I’ve ever done.
- I consumed nothing unpleasant in New Orleans.
- I have swam in the Shenandoah in West Virginia till it becomes the Potomac in Maryland, been caught in rapids, and had to run 3 miles back to town on the highway barefoot.
- In a few days I will have the newest GSRV album “Transcendence. Problematic.” in my hands and will begin to share it with others and hopefully do some soul nourishing with it.
- Life doesn’t always suck.