I Am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made…but lose sight of that somedays
- I worked 6 days last week which included three 12-14 hr days, I haven’t spent more than 2 waking hours with my girlfriend in the last 3 weeks, the CD that I’m attempting to finish is going to cost me about $1000 more than I thought it was going to and tomorrow I get to go back to work and this angers me.
- It angers me more that I feel so self entitled as to feel injustice when I have to work on my day off when there are a) people without jobs and b) people with jobs that get paid less and work more. It angers me that I’m considering spending over a $1000 dollars on making “art” while people starve around the world and feel compelled to complain about the price when I’m lucky to have that money to spend in the first place. I’m angered that even a 6 day work week with one day off is no excuse for not finding time for a relationship. I’m angered that I’m angered.
- I serve at a Chinese Restaurant. I was terrible when I began working there. I’ve gotten better. I can’t explain it.
- I actually can explain it. But at the moment I’m not going to.
- After experiencing the malcontent of wealthy patrons on a busy Saturday night I’m not surprised at the amount of war and poverty that’s in the world. I’m surprised there isn’t more.
- I grew up assuming that I would need to draw upon the strength of others in order to function and survive the life given me. I realize now that more often than not I’m required to be the strength which others draw upon. But I don’t know if I’m much good at it. And I don’t know if I’d want to admit it if I was.
- I judge people with bumper stickers. Not for the content of the sticker but for the sticker itself.
- I’m not always this negative.
- I’ve never had a cavity.
- I’m relatively strong but absolutely weak. I think that sums up the non-comital anger fueled melange of arrogant humility found in this set of confessions.