Confession #18: The Futility of Productivity…and my Newfound Appreciation for Lasagna
- I go through periods of time in which I lack energy, focus, or desire to work on anything I categorize as “productive”…I sometimes experience guilt as a result of this lack of productivity even if I’ve gotten work done earlier in the day. But rather than encourage productivity, this guilt often leads to a paralyzing analysis of the futility of progress, an acute awareness of the passage of time, and makes me question the value of productivity at all. This eventually leads to a portion of time in which I sit and stare blankly allowing this nihilistic mood to pass. That happens sometimes.
- I didn’t used to like lasagna. I do now.
- Although I’ve seen images which could be labeled pornographic, I’ve never sat down (or stood up, lay prostrate, etc…) and watched pornography as it has come to be understood in our society.
- As a child there was a Christmas in which I requested Jasmine (from Disney’s Aladdin), and Mary Poppins (from…well obviously…) To my disappointment and enlightenment, I received 2 dolls/action figures of said fictional characters. Though I did not receive the actual individuals I requested, in hindsight I must admit that I am very thankful that I was not in a position to request female slaves at will.
- I’ve never been surfing on a board though I thoroughly enjoy body surfing.
- I’ve recently considered discarding my computer. I won’t though.
- I don’t even remember the last time I wrote someone a physical letter via the postal service.
- I read at least 3 chapters of the Judeo-Christian Bible almost every day.
- I used to be concerned that I would miss McDonalds in heaven. I imagine there must be at least a few grown ups who still feel such concern.
- I spent 10 minutes attempting to wrench a compelling confession for this last one. Didn’t happen.