Confessional # 6: Late Night Confessional…Released during the Day
- Last Night I stayed up 2 hours later than planned listening to my new recordings because I felt insecure about myself after checking out the website of a more successful musician friend of mine.
- It was only 1 hour but 2 hours sounded more dramatic.
- Taking supplementary vitamins has never made me feel healthier than when I don’t take them.
- In 2011 I adapted and directed a staged version of Dostoevsky’s The Gambler.
- I wrote my first paper criticizing existentialism in 8th grade. 9 years later my favorite book of the Bible is Ecclesiastes, I enjoy reading Kierkegaard and Camus, and my new CD’s title is inspired by a semiotician’s parody-book of existential crisis. I’m not sure how this happened.
- I don’t give money to pan handlers thinking that my dollar will result in peripeteia for that person (though that is, I suppose, the ideal situation). I give money to pan handlers in order to counteract the natural stinginess of my human nature and thus increase the chances that when someone who is genuinely in need of help asks for money, I won’t have hardened myself to the point of being useless to him/her.
- I don’t believe that cell phones induce cancer…but I don’t believe they help.
- I’ve accepted that it’s at least very difficult (if not impossible) to justify playing video games for myself. But as long as Bethesda keeps making games, I’ll still steal a few hours of gameplay from the my brother’s Xbox.
- I dislike people collectively but I like almost everyone on an individual basis
- The first and last items on a list are always the most difficult for me.
Check out other confessionals here