Confessional # 3: 3rd times a charm…or something like that
This particular “Confessional” is probably the heaviest and most frightening categorical poem I’ve done yet in its juxtaposition of controversial viewpoints…heavily emphasizing Problematic Transcendence.
For a full explanation of the “Confessional” project and the first ten confessionals click here
- I’m an INJF on the Meyers-Briggs Test
- I think people should bow instead of shake hands…but if you shake hands, you should have a firm hand shake
- I haven’t masturbated in over 4 years
- Using one’s hands to masturbate never made much sense to me…I used my legs
- I lean towards Transubstantiation, not because I believe it adds soteriological validity to the situation, but merely because the G-d I’ve experienced and read about tends to use ordinary things in extraordinary ways…so why not?
- I understand the desire for complete control over one’s own body and am in full support of hostile resistance against slut-shaming and chauvinist enablers. But I have a hard time comprehending being ok with abortion in any of its manifestations. Being a man I accept my ignorance and am open to being educated upon this.
- I have 2 brothers. Not all of them breathe air.
- When I drink whisky I drink whisky, when I drink water I drink water.
- I don’t know if human rights actually exist…but I suppose I’m thankful that there are well intentioned people that do
- I don’t believe in racial hierarchy, though I sometimes wonder if my infatuation with black american culture unwittingly contributes to North American racial hegemony.
This entry was posted on January 26, 2013 by isgeorgerobson. It was filed under Confessional, GSRV Music, Music, Opinion, Poetry, Social and was tagged with catholicism, confessional, confessions, influence, inspiration, masturbation, personal, personality, racism, sexism, the quiet man.